Petrol, Diesel or alternative fuel which will it be in the future?

on Monday, 18 September 2017. Posted in Car Buying Advice

Petrol, Diesel or alternative fuel which will it be in the future?

Its been predicted by vehicle finance brokers that they will be a slump in sales of petrol and diesel fuelled vehicles, in favour of alternative fuels.


Briefly, the survey of UK motor finance brokers found that:

  • 29% of them forecast a fall in sales of diesel-powered vehicles – partly as the result of government’s current consideration of disincentives for operating what are seen as more highly-polluting vehicles;
  • 19% forecast a fall in sales of petrol-fuelled vehicles;
  • 77% forecast a growth in sales of electric vehicles and 81% a growth in sales of hybrid vehicles.

Furthermore, these trends are expected to become even more marked with the passage of time, so that in five years’ time:

  • 52% said they expected sales of diesels to have decreased and a further 29% described that reduction as being significant – a total therefore, of 81% of the surveyed motor finance brokers;
  • a further 52% forecast a fall in sales of petrol vehicles;
  • at the same time, 91% said they expected an increase in the sale of electric vehicles, with 29% forecasting a moderate growth in the sales of hybrid vehicles and a further 62% expecting that growth to become significant.

But its well into the future, the trends will make a gradual change in the near future, but no panic as yet.

Leave a comment

You are commenting as guest.

Customer Testimonials

See what our customers have said about us

Read more

Our Fees

We operate a transparent pricing structure

Read more

Financing your car

See how we can help you finance your new car

Read more


First Name
Last Name
Email *
Enter the following to confirm your subscription *


address book 64

St Helens Road, Harrogate, North Yorkshire
HG2 8LB, United Kingdom
phone retro 64  01423 883015
iphone 64  0770 301 3064